|File Size:||737 Kb|
|Release:||6 Nov 2002|
|Update:||20 Oct 2004|
- Update Now -> sdiag_v20.zip << Official Server 1
- Download Now -> sdiag_v20.zip Download Site 1 <<-- Backup Server
Fujitsu SDIAG SCSI Diagnostics 2.0 Windows 2000.
SDIAG is a simple and reliable SCSI diagnostic tool developed by Fujitsu verifying the condition of your Fujitsu SCSI Hard Disk Drive. A high percentage of Hard Drives returned to the manufacturer are actually diagnosed as "No Trouble Found" (NTF). There could be many circumstances that are causing the system to fail and invariably the hard drive is blamed. SDIAG can be employed without the disruptive removal of the drive from the system and its status ascertained saving both time and money.
SDIAG has three modes of testing :
- Quick - checks S.M.A.R.T. information and defect tables
- Standard - checks S.M.A.R.T. defect tables, Random Read/Write and Seeks.
- Extended - performs Start/Stop Tests, Sequential Verify, Random Read/Write
with the option of "destructive testing". (NB : The term destructive applies only to the data already stored on the disk drive.)
If the drive passes the "quick" test Fujitsu recommend that you continue testing the drive with "extended tests". If the drive passes these tests then the drive can be assumed to be working correctly and diagnosis for the fault should focus elsewhere within the system. Should the hard drive fail any of the tests then the supplier of the drive will need to be contacted.